I’m a huge fan of pizza as I’ve said before. It’s a great way of using up leftovers, which is exactly what the one above is – *leftovers pizza*
what you need:
- 400g bread flour
- 3/4 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- good fat pinch of salt
- approx. 200ml of tepid water
– tomato sauce base
- I used leftover spicy tomato lentil soup which I’d blended & frozen in pizza base sized portions
– the topping
- leftover roast chicken
- chargrilled peppers from a jar
- 250g mozzarella
- dried oregano
- pea shoots
what to do:
- put the flour, yeast, salt, olive oil into a large bowl and tip in the water drop at a time to mix the ingredients by hand into a stiff dough – turn the dough onto a work surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- transfer back into the bowl and cover in cling film put the bowl into a warm place and leave for around an hour.
- tip out your dough onto a work surface and split into two equal portions
- roll the dough out thinly to the shape of your baking tray
- transfer to a baking tray
- top with the sauce, peppers and torn strips of mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano
- bake until the cheese in golden and the bread risen
- once out of the oven – top with shredded roast chicken and sprinkle with pea shoots
This is nice with potato wedges and a rather tasty little dish of coleslaw
Of course as this is leftovers pizza just use whatever you have – roast beef & rocket, roast pork & chinese leaves….
Perfect Monday lunch or dinner.