It’s soup weather now… soup, bread, cheese, it’s just what’s required lunch wise.
what you need:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 big red onion
- 3 sticks celery
- 3 big carrots
- 2 courgettes
- a bag of spinach (approx 150 – 200g)
- tin of borlotti beans
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- a big splash of red wine
- 1 pint chicken or veg stock
- handful of tiny soup pasta (or snapped up spaghetti)
what you do:
- peel and finely chop the garlic, onion and carrots, finely slice the celery.
- add a big splash of olive oil to a large pan and gently fry the garlic, onion, carrot and celery for around 15 minutes
- dice the courgettes and chop the spinach
- add a splash of wine to the pan (you can leave this out or add a glass it’s up to you)
- add the tinned tomatoes
- add the courgettes, spinach and beans
- add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes
- add the pasta and cook for another 8-10 minutes
- sprinkle on any chopped herbs and season to taste
My preference is with parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and lots of black pepper, bread essential. This is also sent in thermos pots for packed lunches.