This cake must be eaten in wodges. It’s a wodge kind of cake.
what you need:
- 4oz butter
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self raising flour
- 5tbs custard powder
- 2tbs milk
- 5tbs icing sugar
what you do:
- preheat the oven to 180C
- cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl
- beat the eggs in a jug & add slowly to the butter/sugar mix
- sieve in flour and 3 tbs of custard powder
- add the 2 tbs of milk and mix into smooth batter
- pour into a greased cake tin (I use an 8 inch heart-shaped silicon mould)
- bake for approximately 18-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean
- once cool mix the icing sugar and remaining custard powder in a jug with a tiny drop of boiling water – splat the icing onto the cake from a height, for no other reason that it sounds nice and splatty.
Obviously with a cup of tea and elevated feet.
like cake? try my carrot & banana traybake