Perfect for autumn. They shout at you to pop your pyjamas on, snuggle up on the sofa with a cup of tea and tell you that it’s fine to eat a stash of these one after the other. They want to help you keep your strength up, to get you through cold tiring days. Yes, these cookies just want to be eaten.
what you need:
- 4oz butter
- 3oz muscavado sugar
- 3oz caster sugar
- 6oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3oz oats
- 1 medium egg
- 1 bar of Green & Blacks milk chocolate (my preference)
- 3oz raisin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
what you do:
- preheat oven to 180C
- put the butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and mix together until creamy and fluffy.
- add the egg and mix well
- tip in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and oats & stir
- add the raisins, chop up the chocolate bar into smallish chunks and tip in – stir well to combine everything
- using floured hands – roll pingpong ball sized amounts of dough and place on greased baking sheet – well spaced.
- using the back of a fork squash the top of the balls so they flatten slightly
- bake for approx 10-12 minutes until just turning golden for chewy or browned for crispy.
feet up, cup of tea or pop in packed lunches. One will never be sufficient.