You know you want them. Think BIG twiglet.
what you need:
- 300g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt
- approx. 150 – 180 ml of tepid water
- 1/2tsp sugar
- marmite (whatever quantity you like – you’re eating them)
what you do:
- put the yeast, bread flour, olive oil, sugar and salt into a large bowl – mix in sufficient water slowly to form a dough.
- knead the bread for 5-10 minutes
- put into a warm place for 30 minutes to rise.
- preheat the oven to 200C
- knead the bread again for 5 minutes then roll out to around 1cm thickness in a rectangular shape.
- spread with as much or as little marmite as you like
- slice the dough into strips approx. 3cm width and twist – place onto greased tray well spaced.
- bake for 7-10 minutes
I like them with a glass of milk. Also nice dipped in hummus. They make an excellent easily portable snack.