This is a gorgeous extremely greed inducing fat bum cake.
what you need:
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 400ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g self raising flour
- level tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 400g of carrots
- 1 very ripe banana
- 300g philidelphia cheese (full fat!)
- zest of an orange
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 3 heaped tbs icing sugar
what you do:
- pop the muscavado and caster sugar, eggs, vanilla, and oil into a bowl and mix well.
- sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl and mix.
- peel and grate the carrots
- mash the banana
- add both to the bowl and fold in until well combined
- pour the mixture into a buttered and lined roasting tin (around 20x30cm)
- bake at 180C for 40 – 45 minutes until cooked thoroughly – remember the banana and carrot will make it a moist squidgy cake.
- mix the full tub of philidelphia cream cheese, icing sugar, a tsp of fresh orange juice and the orange zest in a blender until combined (about 10 – 20 seconds) no over blending or it turns sloppy.
- once cake is cool smother in frosting and eat greedily at any occasion you see fit.
I mix the frosting and keep it separately in the fridge and smear on individual pieces as I appear to have birthed children who do not like frosting. I can only assume this is some genetic disorder inherited from their father.